- FAFSA Houston: Information on how to apply for FAFSA including eligibility and the application process.
- Scholarships: Money awarded to students to help pay for college and college expenses.
- Fastweb: Scholarship search database.
- College Board BigFuture: Determine of costs of tuition by college annually.
- Click2Houston: Tips on how to save money when paying for college.
- Lendedu: Financial Aid resources for minorities
- SwiftStudent: Will help you write a financial aid appeal letter for free!
- FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- FSA ID: An FSA ID is a username and password that gives you ( Student and Parent) access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature.
SER jobs: Young Adult Reentry online application (houston hire youth INCENTIVE)
Have you been involved with the juvenile or adult justice system? Do you believe your background is holding you back from attending school, getting a job, or obtaining valuable training?
If you are between the ages of 18-24, involved with the juvenile or adult justice system, reside in the city of Houston, Harris County, and interested in making a change in your life, this program is for you!
The Department of Labor funded program will provide education (GED classes), training (Occupational Skills Training), Paid Work Experience (paid internships), and employment support (job search, job readiness, and placement) all at no cost to you. If you are interested in any of these services or in all of them, complete your application now!
Please click link below to begin the application process.
Digital Literacy Resources
- GFC Learn Free: Help with computer, software, and internet usage.
- Techboomers: Computer help oriented towards a mature audience.
- Typing: Computer typing lessons.
Houston Public Library Resources